Collegiate DECA prepares leaders and entrepreneurs
in marketing, finance, hospitality, and management.
Collegiate DECA is a student driven organization that values competence, innovation, integrity, and teamwork. We prepare students for careers by integrating skills learned in the classroom into real world experiences. Collegiate DECA programs assist in developing academically prepared, community oriented, professionally responsible, experienced leaders. Our students major in a variety of academic programs with a strong focus on business – related fields. Collegiate DECA conferences and other activities give students unique access to internships, scholarships, competition, and professional networking.
More than 14,000 students from 230 college campuses participate in the organization. The institutions include community colleges, technical colleges, four year colleges and universities.
Collegiate DECA enhances the student’s college experience by providing recognition and leadership activities directly related to academic study.
Collegiate DECA members are at various stages in their educational lives, enabling our members to fit into a variety of employment stages. Collegiate DECA members may be:
- Full – time students right out of high school.
- Experienced workers returning to school to change careers, upgrade their skills or start a career after raising children.
- Working full or part – time while going to school.
- Working on an Associate Degree with plans to move on to a four year college.
- Traditional students of 4 – year University program.